Thursday, September 8, 2011

It the Most Wonderful Time...

....FOR A BEER!!!!

Why is this time better for a beer than any other time you ask?? Well, let me explain...tonight, on this Wonderful Thursday in September, the NFL Regular Season kicks off! I will be the first to admit that I am a baseball girl through and through but there is something electric about the NFL. Maybe it is the change of season or the festive fall beers that are popping up everywhere...I don't know but I am SUPER excited for it!
To show how little I really know about football, I don't even remember the year the Rams came to St. Louis but I do remember the first game I ever went to. The first season they were in town the TWA/Edward Jones Dome was not complete so they played at Busch Stadium. I went to the game with my Grandpa Rybicki, the Rams played the 49ers and lost 49-7. That is about all I could tell you about the game. As I went to more games with my Grandpa, he taught me about football and once I understood the game better, I really enjoyed it! Now I live in a house of football fanatics! You may think fanatics is a stretch but let me tell, my dad bought himself a new keg-a-rator for his birthday that is within steps of the newly appointed "football room". What is in said "football room" you ask? Well, my love seat that I am simply STORING here until I make my next move, my 42 in. television along with a 52 in. television, with a third on the way, 2 HD boxes to watch multiple games at once (the third TV will simply be for the Red Zone Channel so they don't miss a minute of the action) and wait for it...an easle, with a dry erase boars and little magnets of the teams players....you know..to map out plays and stuff. And that is all just for football Sundays. I am not sure what will take place on College Football Saturdays...only time will tell.

So for all of you anxiously awaiting the start of the NFL regular season, head to your man caves and get ready! One good thing will come from the football insanity at my house....it is preparing me to be an amazing football wife some day!

Grab a beer, grab your friends, and Enjoy the next 16 weeks!

Eat, Drink, and Be Mary

1 comment:

  1. JEALOUS! Though only of the beer drinking ( I'm DYING for a Spaaten Oktoberfest AND a Schlafly's Pumkin Beer, no more being pregnant in the fall I tell you!)and the family time. I could live without all the football!

    ReplyDelete