Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cancer

This past weekend one of my co-workers lost her cousin to cancer. This makes me sadder than anyone will ever know. I HATE CANCER!!! I know many people do but everytime I hear of someone finding out they have cancer or dying from cancer, I want to punch things. I have seen first hand how terrible this disease is. Take my dad for example, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer almost 10 years ago. It was one of the most horrible things I have ever seen in my life. He literally wasted away to almost nothing. He thought he had no chance of survival. Somehow, some way, he was able to beat it and I am grateful for that every day. A dear friend of mine Jill, just lost her uncle to pancreatic cancer.
This is not supposed to be a sappy post but I will tell you, I am sick of people suffering and dying at the hand of this disease. I feel like cancer doesn't just "affect" people...it bitch slaps people or sucker punches them. It comes of out of nowhere and rocks people to the core. I think about what I would do if someone came up and slapped me across the face out of nowhere, I would be so pissed and want to slap back. Sadly, with cancer, when it hits you, you don't always get the opportunity to hit back. With that being said, as you can see by the picture above family is very active in not only fighting Pancreatic Cancer, but all cancers! There has to be a cure out there and we all need to work together to find it. Make sure to visit The American Cancer Society to find events or to learn how to host a fundraising event in your area.
I have seen so many friends suffer and lost a few along the way. I am determined to make a difference! Sometime I will share more details about my dad's story because it is good one. I think, if you have a positive story, SHARE IT! It goes along way!

Eat, Drink, and Be Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment