Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hello Boys...

Today is one of those days when I really really enjoy my job. For the most part, I enjoy everything that I do. I get to be super creative and have quite a bit of freedom. As I was sitting at my desk yesterday morning, working away ;) my desk phone rang. I recognized the number as 101ESPN, a radio station in St. Louis that I work very closely with. It was my account rep who has been trying to get us to sign another contract so I assumed that is what he was calling about. Much to my surprise, that was not what he wanted. He was calling to offer me and my brother 2 seats at the Rams Kick-Off Lunch to support the St. Louis affiliate of the United Way. I officially accepted and called Tommy and he was very excited to go. With that, I left my office to head down to the Cardinal game...clearly I am a huge sports fan.

After being pretty sick last night, I woke up this morning determined to make it through lunch. I left my desk at about 10:45 to head back downtown to the Ballpark Hilton. I met Tommy outside of the parking garage and we headed it. We walk in to this huge ballroom full of tabels and tons of people. The Rams cheerleaders were everywhere selling raffle tickets and there was definitely a buzz in the room. The Rams are expected to have an even better season this year than last and with the Cardinals struggling now, people are ready for something new. At about noon, Steve Savard took to the podium and began to welcome the room full of people.

The really cool thing about this lunch was that all of the coaches and the entire team were in attendance. Every table had a player and a coach or two players eating lunch with them. I will have to look our guys up because I didn't catch or recognize their names:) We enjoyed our lunch, the speech from the head coach and sat through a small live auction. I know they raised a decent amount of money for the United Way which is fantastic. I was actually really impressed with the event. The players were all very pleasant and seemed to appreciate all the people that came out to support their community involvment. I think the best part for me was being able to allow my brother to come with me. For anyone who doesn't know, my brother wouldn't be sad if football was played 12 months out of the year. I think it was really fun for him to see all the players and he also go the chance to plug his Rams blog:) It was definitely a LONG lunch, which I am ok with but it was absolutely worth it. After being at the Cardinals game on Wednesday afternoon and the Rams Kick-off lunch today, I guess tomorrow I should really try to get some actual work done. On the other hand, it is Friday so we will see if that actually happens.....

Eat, Drink and Be Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment