Monday, August 29, 2011

Traffic

Traffic....where to begin?? I can honestly say, that the traffic in St. Louis is NOTHING compared to other cities by my god, I hate sitting in it. It is not the way to start or end my day. Unfortunately, it is unavoidable. When I first started working at my big girl job, I decided to leave the nest and move to the Missouri side of the great Mississippi. I started out in Ballwin thinking it would help aleviate my travel time...WRONG! As I tried to move closer to my office, low and behold, they moved to a new office. I finally decided not to worry about where I worked and live where ever my little heart desired. Oddly enough, it was the opposite direction of my office.
In the last 8 months, I moved back to the home front. This makes my round trip commute to work about 92 miles every day. I can handle the distance honestly, but the traffic makes me want to drive my car into the river. Seriously, I don't know how people in Atlanta do it, I don't even like to drive through there when going to Florida. This morning was a perfect example of why I hate traffic. I cross the wonderful JB Bridge to a sign that says "HWY 64- 40 min"...I had already been in the car for 35 minutes! Sometimes I hope those electronic signs are wrong but that was not the case this morning. It took almost 50 minutes to get to 64 and I still had another 10-15 minutes left in my drive. I feel like all those signs are just there to make me miserable....but they are always spot on. What was even worse is that the Speed Advisory Sign said 10 MPH...10 miles per hour really?? Are you even moving at that speed? I don't think I can have my foot on the gas and go only 10 miles per hour. I am just not sure there is a worse way to start off a Monday morning....traffic for almost an hour and a half. To my surprise, there was no construction, no accident that I could see that would be holding up traffic. I will never understand. I think the worst part about all of it, is as I was sitting, stopped, not going 10 MPH, I look across the median to the Southbound side to see traffic is free flowing at an Advisory speed of I would say 65 MPH....and my only thought was, I get to do this all over again in about 8 hours....ok, let's be honest...6.5:) This in my opinion is why I should be able to have 1 beer on my drive home, it would really help calm my nerves.

Eat, Drink and Be Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment