Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sneaky Sneaky

This morning on my way to work, I was driving down then highway and saw flashing lights going the other way. It was definitely an umarked cop care but never I have EVER seen a cop driving a white station wagon! Like Ford Taurus wagon! How is that allowed?!? I feel like my thought would be, coming up on the station wagon...well excuse me Soccer Dad, I can tell by the speed at which you are driving and your choice of vehicle that you are all about safety and I am going to cruise right on past you as I am running late and then BAM! Flashing lights hello speeding ticket. Honestly, a station wagon???



These thoughts brought back the one and only time I have been pulled over in my life. I was with Emily. We decided to make an impromptu trip to Paducah to watch her then boyfriend and my future boyfriend play baseball in the OVC tournament. As we were drivng down 24 at a speed much higher than the speed limit, we went under an overpass and what do you know...got caught in a speed trap! I can't remember how fast I was going but it was not slow for sure. The nice office issued me a ticket and considering I had never had one before, I wasn't exactly sure what to do, so I asked him! He gave me three options...1) Take the ticket and show up in court and go through that process. 2) Give him my bond card (who has one of those?) or 3) Pay in cash. I looked at Emily then back at the cop and said oh I HAVE CASH!! I had $80 to pay my $75 ticket and surprisingly enough, he couldn't make change. This should have tipped us off that this practice was exactly on the up and up. Fortunately, Emily had a couple ones and so did I and we were able to come up with $75 on the dot. We drove way and made it to baseball game in plently of time! The best part was, about 6 months later, I got the standard letter from the Secretary of State Mr. Jesse White thanking me for my perfect driving record! I wonder how many people that cop was able to get cash from? I appauld him for his desire to pad his own pocket. Sounds pretty true to form for the state of Illinois. He was probably helping some one buy a senate seat or something....


Eat, Drink, and Be Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment