Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mission UNaccomplished

It seems like everyday, one of my GREAT friends has some SUPER exciting news! And, in my mind, what is the best way to celebrate good news than with a fun and creative little gift. I like to think of myself as creative considering it is part of my job but others may beg to differ. In this specific case, my former teammate/roommate/and current amazing friend is pregnant with her second what is surely to be beautiful baby. She already has sweet Baby Molly and I can only imagine this next one will follow suit! On Monday, Abby, Bryan and Molly found out they were having a baby Boy! If that isn't just perfect I don't know what is! As soon as I found out, I was thinking of a cute way to say congratulations!

This brings me to yesterday, when I made up my mind on what to do and had some time to kill after work before soccer. I decided that I was going to go to Build-a-Bear and make Molly a special pink Big Sister Bear and Baby Boy DePreist/Abby and Bryan a blue Its A Boy Bear. Just fun and silly and the nice thing about a bear for Molly is at least for a while, I can give her new bear clothes as gifts...always thinking. Up until the last few months, I have always LOVED Build-a-Bear! I think they have some really cute stuff and kids/me LOVE getting them:) I started to waver on my feelings toward them when I was looking for a Bumble Bee...I mean, the have Dairy Queen Blizzard Bears but no Bumble Bee?? Anyway, I got over it. But, when I went in yesterday, I was looking around the store and found TONS of baby stuff but no Big Sister/Big Brother stuff. I feel like that is not normal...I think that is the perfect gift to give a child in that situation. I was able to overlook that they didn't have what I wanted and bought the bears anyway hoping to find a shirt elsewhere (which was also impossible). It was at this point that I wish they had a bunch of pre-stuffed bears. I don't mind the whole foot on the pedal thing...but I do not want to make a wish, spin in a circle and kiss a heart. Give me a break! But, I did it anyway for my little Molly girl:) And to top it off, the staff was not very nice! For as much as those things can cost, you would think they would serve you with a smile!! Isn't it supposed to be a Beary Happy Place???

Eat, Drink, and Be Mary

1 comment: